North Northamptonshire based food blogger who is obsessed with good food and proper cooking. I'm part of the Midlands Blogging team for the BBC Good Food Shows. This is where I share my own recipes and carry out recipe development and product reviews for brands, including food and wines. Please contact me using the link below.

Thursday 2 October 2014

Aldi Wines

Thanks to Aldi's PR company, I was recently sent a box of wines and beers to review.  The box included:

Grapevine Tempranillo Ganache Rosé fron Spain.
Toro Loco ('Crazy Bull') red from the Tempranillo grapes.
Cabernet Sauvignon Carmenere from Chile.
Freeman's Bay Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand.
Bavaria Beer from Holland.


Having now turned 18, my son was able to help review the drinks this time and poured himself one of the well chilled bottles of the Bavaria Beer, whilst pouring the other bottle for his dad.  They both enjoyed the drink while sitting in the garden on a sunny Saturday afternoon. My husband says it's got a lovely clean and fresh hoppy taste which he'd certainly go out and buy more of ready for warmer days to come!  Hopefully we'll we haven't quite seen the last of those days and may get a couple more before the season is out!


I went for a glass from the chilled bottle of Rosé.  A perfect drink for a lady, don't you think?  So cool, calm and collected and such a pretty colour too!! It's a crisp, clean tasting wine that's light and fruity on flavouring.  A thoroughly refreshing glass of wine, in my opinion.


The red Toro Loco is a full bodied, fruity red with loads of body.  Perfect to enjoy with a meal or just on its' own. Totally enjoyed by himself as he's my red wine drinker in this house.  A glass, poured and savoured whilst chilling listening to music is his idea of a relaxing end to the working day.

Cheers!  Here's to opening the Cabernet Sauvignon and the Sauvingnon Blanc.

The wines and beers were sent to me free of charge by the PR company representing Aldi.  I was not under any obligation to review the products sent to me, favourably or otherwise.  All opinions are those of my husband and myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my site. If you cook any of my recipes yourself, then please remember to come back and let me know what you thought.

Thanks,

Rosie
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...