North Northamptonshire based food blogger who is obsessed with good food and proper cooking. I'm part of the Midlands Blogging team for the BBC Good Food Shows. This is where I share my own recipes and carry out recipe development and product reviews for brands, including food and wines. Please contact me using the link below.

Tuesday 8 April 2014

White Chocolate, Cranberry & Blueberry Blondies with Peanut Butter Frosting

This one was originally meant to be a chocolate brownie, until I found I had no dark chocolate left but lots of white chocolate so I had to change my mind. This is therefore my experiment and I'm pleased to say it worked & my family enjoyed it.

225g Caster sugar
4 Eggs
225g Butter
5ml Vanilla paste
150g Plain flour
225g White chocolate drops
100g Dried cranberries & blueberries 
Frosting
75g Butter
175g Light soft brown sugar
5ml Vanilla paste
150g Chunky peanut butter
30ml Milk

1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. Line a 20cm/8" square brownie pan with baking parchment.
3. Beat the sugar and eggs until light & airy.
4. Melt the butter and beat into the sugar and egg mixture along with the vanilla paste.
5. Fold in the flour gently, being careful to retain the air you've incorporated.
6. Gently stir in the chocolate chips, cranberries & blueberries until just combined.
7. Bake for 35-40 minutes until still soft in the centre.
8. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
9. Beat together the butter and soft brown sugar with the vanilla paste 
10. Stir in the peanut butter and milk until combined.
11. Spread over the cooled blondie.
12. Cut into 16 pieces to serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my site. If you cook any of my recipes yourself, then please remember to come back and let me know what you thought.

Thanks,

Rosie
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...