North Northamptonshire based food blogger who is obsessed with good food and proper cooking. I'm part of the Midlands Blogging team for the BBC Good Food Shows. This is where I share my own recipes and carry out recipe development and product reviews for brands, including food and wines. Please contact me using the link below.

Wednesday 27 November 2013

Lemon Drizzle Cake

A cake with a crunchy, zingy top; perfect with a cup of tea.

100g Butter
175g Caster sugar
175g Self Raising Flour
5ml Baking powder
5ml Vanilla extract
2 eggs
30ml Milk
1 Lemon rind & juice
Topping:
1 Lemon juice
100g Granulated sugar

1. Preheat oven to 160C.
2. Grease & line an 18cm/7" deep round tin.
3. Beat all the ingredients for the cake together for 2-3 minutes with an electric mixer.
4. Pour into your prepared tin & level the top.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
6. Whilst the cake is baking, mix together the lemon juice and sugar for the topping.
7. As soon at the cake comes out of the oven, spread the topping mixture evenly over it whilst it's still hot.
8. Leave the cake in the tin to cool completely.
9. Turn out on to a serving plate.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Rosie! it's Anna from. Waitrose! I looked up your lemon drizzle cake and just as you said it looks easy and not too many ingredients...I will attempt making it sometime soon and let you know how I get on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be in the store for my lunch & my coffee soon. Can't wait to see how y get on with it x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my site. If you cook any of my recipes yourself, then please remember to come back and let me know what you thought.

Thanks,

Rosie
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...